Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Geneva Tomorrow/Colosseum Excursion Pictures

I've got a trip tomorrow. I'm going to Geneva, Switzerland and if I'm honest my nerves are a little shaky at this point. I'm not so much nervous about the destination and getting to my hostel and staying there as I am about going through two airports in two different countries of which I know almost none of the language. My Italian talents are minimal. I can say my name, where I'm from, and order pizza (with the aid of hand gestures) and my French skills are unfortunately lagging behind even those as I can only say a few words. It should be interesting and I feel like if I can survive tomorrow and get through everything easily I'll be confident the rest of the way through. We'll see. Another thing I'm nervous about is getting my Humanities paper done by Monday, but that should take care of itself! I'll certainly update this when I get back with pictures and other goodies.

Another note is that I've put up pictures from our class excursion to the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, and the Maritime Prison (where Saints Peter and Paul were imprisoned). The pictures can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=288008&id=658221001&l=751346c477

No comments:

Post a Comment