Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Planning Update

An update as to my plans, I'll be taking the following trips:

I'll fly to Budapest, Hungary on Thursday, November 11th. After a night there I'll be taking a train to Prague, Czech Republic to try to at least act like I don't deny my heritage and wish I was Welsh. The train will take me through Austria and change over in Linz, so the scenery should be spectacular and I'm very much looking forward to Prague. The German leg of the trip has been cut due to lack of time, but I prefer getting to do a few things in both Budapest and Prague anyway.

Also, I've booked a trip to Spain and Portugal. I'll fly to Spain on Thursday, October 7th and spend a night there then take the long train ride to Lisbon, Portugal and fly home on October 10th. This was sort of spur of the moment, but the cost of flights and the train made it worthwhile. The fact that I know a little bit of Spanish factored in, too.

One other note on the confirmation front is that whilst in England I've decided to indeed ride down to Hastings on October 26th. I made this promise to myself when Katie and I went to the Duquesne Incline in Pittsburgh this summer:
When we were there we were looking at a bulletin board full of other "famous inclines" from around the world and I saw the one in Hastings, the East Hill Lift:
I look forward to going to the top of that as well as seeing where the Battle of Hastings took place in 1044. There are a few castles and a few sites to browse as always. I'm still trying to book myself a day trip to Edinburgh as well, but we shall see if that materializes.

Finally, I'm considering going to the Plitvice Lakes region of Croatia. This would have to be on one of my only remaining free weekends and would cost a fair amount, but it looks worth it. More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment