Thursday, October 21, 2010

Florence and Fall Break


Hey everyone,

Last weekend the entire class went to Florence and stayed for a couple of days. The weather was wonderful. It's finally turning to fall, so it was in the low 60s and rainy. I loved it. Other than that, the city was great. I didn't like it as much as Rome (which is now starting to feel like home...scary), but the smaller size and less hectic lifestyle was refreshing. Some of the art we got to see was magnificent and the landscape was gorgeous. I can't sit here and type all day, though, because I have to get ready for my fall break trip. Also, sorry for the slow posting. It was midterm week and there was suddenly a lot of work to be done and studying to...sort of be done. Because of strikes and rioting new trips had to be planned as well.

As for those new trips the new itinerary looks something like this for fall break (October 21-31)

October 21 - Depart for London-Stansted
October 22 - Depart London Euston Street for Machynlleth, Wales
I cannot wait to do some walking through the mountains in Machynlleth and for any of you that know me well, you should know that Machynlleth is in Snowdonia. It's been my dream to go there for quite some time and I'm beyond excited.
October 23 - Depart Machynlleth for London
October 23-27 - London
During this time, however, I'll also be taking a couple of day trips. I've got a train ticket for Hastings, which I'll probably do the 25th. I also have a Eurostar ticket that I'm going to exchange so that I can go to Edinburgh, which would be fantastic. Hopefully that will work out.
October 28 - Cardiff, Wales
If you're keeping count that's twice to Wales in less than a week. I'm going to get to see both parts of it, which I really like: the industrialized, populated, and busy South and the agrarian, natural, and beautiful North.
October 29-30 Dublin, Ireland
October 30 - Back to Rome.
October 31 - Sleep until the end of time.

There will CERTAINLY be plenty of pictures after this break and I'd reckon if I get the time there will be some good journal entries and stories as well. Hopefully everyone at home is having a good break, enjoying the weather (fall is beautiful, isn't it?), and getting ready to have a nice Halloween. Thanksgiving will be here before you know it and then I'll be back home!

Pictures from Florence can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=292607&id=658221001&l=a49cea0578
Some of them didn't turn out so well because of the fact that in dark churches where you can't use a flash, it's just hard to get a good picture. Also, there are some other random pictures from St. Peter in Chains and Santa Maria Maggiore churches in Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment